[Podcast] Breaking Down BuzzFeed's Report on Ad Fraud on Mobile Apps
Ad fraud is an issue that plagues digital advertisers/marketers every day. Fake ads that utilize bots to gain incredible amounts of impressions and build up gross amounts of money have caused even users, who recognize it, to start questioning advertising altogether.
Nicole and Jon break down BuzzFeed's report on ad fraud in this episode of Shape the Conversation.
Every day users are seeing hundreds on ads while they surf the internet, search on Google, scroll through Facebook, even playing simple games. There is no saying how many of the ads that are seen are fake or real. A Buzzfeed article, written by Craig Silverman, sheds some light on one major act of ad fraud that took millions of dollars.
In this episode of 'Shape the conversation' Nicole and Jon cover topics like:
- The ad fraud "scheme"
- The amount of money that these ads have taken
- Big companies impacted by fraudulent ads
- Concerns with children on devices today
- People starting to question advertising as a whole
- Tips to avoid fraudulent ads
- Tips to avoid being seen as a fraudulent ad
- The poor quality of traffic on mobile ads
Our biggest take away from this episode is, know where your ads are going and how to control the placement of your ads so they don't get mistakenly caught up in ad fraud.
About the Hosts
Reach out to us with any ideas, questions, or feedback on the podcast!
Checkout other episodes of Shape the Conversation.