Several software solutions have tried to take on the challenge of PPC budget management. Among their numerous other features, major PPC software providers such as Marin and Kenshoo provide advertisers the ability to monitor campaign spend and change campaign status directly from their platforms. Smaller PPC reporting providers such as ReportGarden, NinjaCat, and SuperMetrics have also more recently added spend reporting to their offerings.
But, few option exist for affordable PPC budget management software that does it all: tracks client and campaign spend across multiple advertising networks; automates budgeting processes such as pausing or enabling campaigns based on available budget; and provides intuitive reports that show how campaign spends are progressing toward their budget goals. Full disclosure: that's why we decided to build a platform to do just that: Shape Integrated Software. Keep reading for more information about Shape and how to connect with us below.
*M=Marin, K=Kenshoo, R=ReportGarden, N=NinjaCat, S=SuperMetrics
- - Report on campaign spend across major advertising platforms (M,K,R,N,S)
- - Push budget changes to Google, Bing, and Facebook directly (M,K)
- - Create combined rules to control campaign spend across different networks (M,K)
- - Manage hundreds or thousands of clients together in one platform (M,K,N)
- - Duplicate spend and performance reports across clients efficiently (M,K,R,N,S)
- - Additional tooling/features offered (M,K,R,N,S)
- - Major software can be cost prohibitive and require a lengthy onboarding (M,K)
- - Smaller platforms don’t offer two-way changes or budget automations (R,N,S)
- - Lack flexibility to group accounts/campaigns together to monitor performance (M,K,R,N,S)
- - Ex: Difficult to track a campaign against multiple budget targets (monthly and quarterly)
- - PPC software lags behind advertising platforms on product releases (M,K,R,N,S)
- - Teams can’t utilize certain software features if they don’t have enough data (M,K)
- - Inconsistent communication/help from support teams and account representatives (M,K)